Thursday's Child

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Hardest Thing


When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, "Let it be." And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me, speaking words of wisdom, "Let it be." And when the brokenhearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer: Let it be. For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see. There will be an answer: Let it be. Let it be, let it be. There will be an answer: Let it be. And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tomorrow. Let it be. I wake up to the sound of music. Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, "Let it be. Let it be, let it be." There will be an answer: Let it be. Let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom: "Let it be." (McCartney) As I lay awake last night, this song kept running through my head. The gospel reading at church yesterday morning contained the words, "Peace. Be still." The words are more than advice. They are a directive, and one I have struggled with for years. Worry is perhaps my greatest sin. I live as though by worrying I can change the outcome of the future, when it should be by now so painfully obvious to me that I can't! "Take no thought for tomorrow" probably was not meant to keep me from planning meals ahead and writing appointments on my calendar, but instead to give me the assurance I need in difficult times that there WILL be an answer. Let it be, Laura. Let it be.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Victoria said…

    Amen! And thanks for the peaceful thoughts.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger King of Peace said…

    I don't understand. All that stuff I worry about NEVER happens. So, worry works wonders for me, right?

    Frank

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    I had never read the lyrics to the song - sometimes I get so wrapped up in the tune, that I forget to pay attention to the words. Thanks for sharing it.

    I would email you if I knew your email address, but could not find it on your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home