Thursday's Child

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Zero at the bone


Several of nature's people I know, and they know me; I feel for them a transport of cordiality; But never met this fellow, attended or alone, without a tighter breathing, and zero at the bone. (Dickinson)
I profess to being unafraid of snakes. I even feel "cordiality" towards them. But yesterday, when I went to cut some of the last hydrangeas, I headed for a lovely bloom to find myself eye-to-eye with one of nature's people. I confess to jumping back! He had his tail twined around the stem of the flower, so I went on and cut other blossoms, a little away from him, and took them in the house. I brought my camera back out, thinking he would have gone, but he was still there, waiting to have his picture taken. So here he is!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger CS said…

    A snake in the hydrangeas - how thoughtful of him to wait to be photographed.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger KEvron said…

    have you seen the legal notice at the very bottom of the "conservatives for american values" home page?

    http://cfav.blogspot.com/

    KEvron

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger KEvron said…

    btw, mum's the word....

    KEvron

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Victoria said…

    I'm still glowing about the coyote I saw near the high school in Camden County; a beautiful animal with a glossy coat and lolling tongue. And then there was the marsh bunny I managed to take a picture of this morning . . . ah nature's people

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Victoria said…

    Oh yeah, and what has satire got to do with this particular blog (kevronius) other than the fact that all us "steeles," both former and/or maritally connected, agree that Bush is a total idiot?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home