Thursday's Child

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Holiday Cow


When my son Ben was working at Big Lots in Griffin, he came home one night with a huge grin, and a present for me. Seems a box of candles had come into the store, and he couldn't resist. What strange mind birthed the idea of a black and white cow, wearing what appears to be an orange cornucopia hat with a Pilgrim's buckle, with a jack o'lantern saddle sprouting a wick just where the rider (riding a cow?) would sit? Around her neck instead of a bell hangs a piece of candy corn, and her bright green eyes peer intently through googles looped around her ears. Her ears, her udder and her nose, which is reminiscent of a pig snout, are a bright pink. I sent Ben back for the rest of the cows, and I think he brought home ten. I gave away all but two, which I treasure. Who wouldn't?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger King of Peace said…

    Our cow candle melted in a mooove. It's good to see one still standing proudly rather than puddling utterly.

    -Frank and Victoria

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger CS said…

    This ranks right up there with that little ceramic frog wearing a hula skirt I used to have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home