Thursday's Child

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie??

Blogging has been such a frustration that I'm tempted to say to hell with it and trash the whole thing. But that sounds like quitting, so I'll give it one last chance to work for me. I think I may be on to something. Microsoft Explorer seems to work better for me than AOL.
Which brings me to consider a more pressing issue: medication. Both the pharmacy and I have failed at trying to get a substitute prescription from my doctor, once it was discovered that the medicine originally prescribed is not on my "preferred" pharmacology list. The pharmacist, an older man, is frustrated by the multiple new drug plans, all with differing lists of approved medicines. And if that's not bad enough, each plan is allowed to change its list as frequently as it chooses, so there is absolutely no way for a doctor or a pharmacist to keep up with what's okay on each of the dozens and dozens of plans.
I'm wondering if it's frustration that's keeping my doctor from calling in a new prescription. In the meantime, do I try again? I've called, and I've taken a letter out to the clinic. The pharmacist has called three times, and it's been over a week now. Or do I risk being bitten if I wake the dog? I may get myself labelled as an annoying, demanding patient. Or if I choose to find a new doctor, she or he may not be the sympathetic, concerned doctor I thought I was seeing.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger CS said…

    1)I have a very similar photo of Jack!
    2) Never be afraid of your doctor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home