Thursday's Child

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Almost a Clean Sweep!

















Michael Moore e-mailed me (along with everyone else on his mailing list) and asked me to take a picture of myself with a broom outside my polling place and send it to him. So I stuck a broom and the camera on the backseat when my son and I headed out to vote yesterday. Our polling place happens to be the Primitive Baptist Church. Once our votes were cast, we snapped each other's photo, garnering a few stares, but no comments.
Then I went home to wait out the results. By the time I gave up and went to sleep, it was apparent that Georgia had re-elected that Democrat-turned- Republican, Sonny Perdue, who was endorsed by Zell Miller, who still calls himself a Democrat, and that the Democrats had gained control of the House. My congressional district here was too close to call, and the Senate was still very much a toss-up.
That's still true as I write. I looked this morning, and Tom and I were on page six of the Clean Sweep voters on Michael Moore's website.
And now we'll wait out the rest of this term and then see if there will be all the changes Nancy Pelosi has promised! Here's hoping!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger CS said…

    Looks like a lot of us felt compelled to blog the election. Still holding my breath about the Senate, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home